Friday, September 18, 2009

Motorbike

When we got back from Sweden I finally got my very own motorbike, and am now cruising around all Hanoi. From West Lake to the city center is a nice ride along our street and the lake, passing busy Yen Phu street, around Truc Bach lake and passed some wide tree-lined french style boulevards before entering the completely chaotic old quarter. Wonderful!

Yen Phu street.

The fact that it is electric makes it even better. I dont make any noice and dont contribute to the ever worsening pollution, the two things I dislike most about Hanoi. And it looks ok, although still just a little like a three wheeled one, for someone with a physical disability. Green cool, yes, but cool cool, maybe not...

And, I have already developed a complete tunnel vision - dont look to your side, never back, just forward, and am learning to use the horn. But I dont think I will ever go completely native, as I feel rather far from ready to write SMS while cruising the busy streets of Hanoi, preferably at the same time as giving a ride to at least one friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment