Saturday, September 5, 2009

Furniture shopping

In June I finally managed to order a large wooden dining table, Japanese style, with a matching wooden bench, just like I wanted it, and really, really cheap. Last week I finally managed to get my deposit back, after a Kafka-like process where I finally just showed up and stayed at the (new - as meanwhile they had time to move) office. Obviously it is not too uncommon that, all of a sudden and for a Westerner and newcomer in this country completely inexplicable reasons, they just change their mind. Simply dont wanna do it anylonger. But, of course, they would never tell you, would never say no, and "why?" is a useless question.

Yesterday I paid deposit at another furniture shop, fifty meters down the road from the other one, for a huge book shelf, that will accomodate all our books and a lot of other stuff we have lying all around the place. If I get it, and its good, I migth try to get the table from them as well. Although the English-speaking madame in the shop already let me know, the price will be much higher, it wont be the same wood and definitely not one massive piece. New the other one was too good.

But, what I really, really would like are a couple of those French colonial style armchairs. Just seems like you have to go down to Saigon to get them...

1 comment:

  1. Spacify is one of the best quality online furniture stores that gives information for furniture shopping.

    ReplyDelete