Tuesday, January 24, 2012

MANILA

So, it's been decided. We're moving to Manila, Philippines. Papers have been signed and sent and there's no turning back!
But not just yet. While Keisuke will leave mid March to start his new job at ADB - Asian Development Bank - the kids and I will stay in Hanoi until early June when schools end. But for sure we wont be able to wait that long, and will most likely have to go visit our new home country and city before that.
And although Manila probably wasn't our first choice - we were sort of thinking of somewhere smaller and less chaotic than Hanoi, not a 15 million mega metropolis - the Philippines and the Filipinos seem fantastic. And Keisuke gets his Pacific island country (there are more than 7,000 islands and an infinity of beaches), at the same time as the country belongs to South East Asia - from where I have declared I will never move!
And - this is the third time in less than six years that I will be following my husband to a country I have never been to. Must be true love. Or absolute crazyness. Either case, the nomad in me is definitely waking up again!

True love.

1 comment: