Friday, October 30, 2009

Vietnamese

Officially, I have now given up any attempt on learning the language. A language made up of monosyllable word-sounds, where you dont even pronouce the last consonant, with six different tones and I dont know how many vowels, is just too much for me.
But sometimes it would be nice to be able to read, or ask. What is this? Something for sale? Can you take a sip? Or is it a warning sign? For cooking? For the motorbike? I have no idea.
.
At least one good thing about Vietnamese, is that it makes Japanese feel so much easier, and I have decided to give it a serious try again. Just have to find a private tutor, as all courses at the many Japanese language centers around town (its the third most popular foreign language to learn, after English and Chinese and almost all staff at the many Japanese restaurants are bilingual!) turn out to only teach Japanese "in Vietnamese", and that would definitely be way too much for my brain ...

No comments:

Post a Comment